Frequently Asked Questions
Below you will find our frequently asked questions about our affordable van hire services to help answer your initial questions, for further information, please get in touch.
What Do I Need To Hire A Van?
Driving licence - you will need to bring your two part driving licence consisting of the ID photo card and green paper counterpart. If you have the older paper style licence this can still be used accompanied by a passport with photo id.
Proof of address - these can be two of the following:
- A recent utility bill;
- and bank/building society or credit card statement
How Old Do I Have To Be?
Drivers will need to be aged 23 to 69 years old, with a minimum of 12 months driving experience and hold a full UK driving licence.
Drivers with endorsements can still be accepted to hire a vehicle, please call to discuss before making a booking.
How Much Is The Deposit?
A deposit of £250.00 is required and is usually taken on a pre-authorisation basis from your credit card on the day of your hire.
Do You Accept Cash Payments?
Yes, cash payments can be taken for either the van hire or the deposit but unfortunately not for both payments.
A credit or debit card must still be used at the time of the hire.
How Much Is The Insurance Excess?
The excess for insurance is £500.00 and is payable in full by the hirer in the event of and accident being fault or non fault.
There is a standard excess of £750.00 in the event of the vehicle being lost of stolen while on hire which is payable by the hirer in full.
Luton Body vans - when hiring these vehicles you are not covered by our insurance for any overhead height damage caused to the vehicle. The full cost of any repair is solely the responsibility of the hirer and to be paid in full.
Pick Up And Return Times
All rentals are charged by the day and include 24 hours hire period.
Pick up times usually start from 08:30 until 08:30 the next day or 17:00 until 17:00 the next evening.
We are flexible with our pick up times subject to vans being available so please call to discuss if you need alternative times.
If your hire starts on a Friday 17:00 it must be returned to us by 15:00 on Saturday afternoon to count as one day hire, failure to return on time may result in a full days hire being charged.
Vehicles hired on Saturday for one day must be returned between 09:00 and 10:00 on Sunday morning to count as a one day hire.
We close at 10:00 on Sunday so failure to return on time will be charged as one full day.
When Do I Pay For My Van Hire?
We usually take payment for the van hire when the booking is made on the same day. This can be taken by phone or in person at our premises.
The deposit of £250.00 is taken when you collect your van on the day of the hire.
If you have any questions or concerns about any of the FAQ's please give us a call, we will be happy to discuss them with you.
Services We Provide
- Up to 25% cheapervan hire rates
- European insurance coveravailable
- Excess protectionavailable
- Flexibleon pick ups & drop off's
- Reliableman & van service
- "Thank you so much for the excellent service when I hired a van last weekend to help my daughter to move house. The vehicle was clean and reliable and the gent I dealt with on the phone and in the office on collection and drop-off was helpful, efficient and friendly. Well done and long may your business prosper"
- "I would like to thank you for your Van hire services. The vehicle that you supplied was in very good condition. You explained everything so clearly and simple. When I returned the vehicle you... took notice of me and my issues. I found this very personable. I have already recommended to you to three friends and two members of my family."
- "I just wanted to say a quick thanks for the van hire last weekend. Now I know this is what you do, - but it was made easier and hassle free by you guys. I would definately reccommend."